* Recording: November 22nd, Gdansk, Poland. Solo, duo, and trio improvisations with Mikolaj Trzaska (alto sax, bass clarinet) and Waclaw Zimpel (Bb and bass clarinet, taragato). Selections to be released next year on lp for the Laurence Family label, and others on Kilogram Records (www.kilogram.pl).
* Recording: Sonore (w/Peter Brotzmann and Mats Gustafsson) records their concert at the Loft in Koln on December 12th, and a studio session of twenty short improvisations at the venue during the following afternoon. Material was recorded by Stefan Deistler and will be released by the autumn of 2009, label still to be determined.
* Recording: work on soundtrack for the documentary, “Roads Of Water” (by Augusto Contento) takes place in the second half of December. Seven new compositions with performances by Jeb Bishop (trombone), Jaimie Branch (trumpet), Tim Daisy (drums, marimba), Fred Lonberg-Holm (cello), Nate McBride (acoustic bass), Jeff Parker (guitar), and Ken Vandermark (Bb clarinet, tenor and baritone sax). Engineered by Bob Weston. Film to be released at the start of 2009.
* Release: the dvd, “4 Corners: Alive In Lisbon,” on clean feed (www.cleanfeed-records.com), November 2008.
Ken Vandermark – baritone saxophone, clarinet and bass clarinet
Magnus Broo – trumpet
Adam Lane – double bass
Paal Nilssen-Love – drums
1. Alfama (for Georges Braque)
2. Spin With The EARth
4. Tomorrow Now (for Lester Bowie)
Tracks 1 and 4 by Ken Vandermark (Vandermark / Twenty First Mobile Music, ASCAP), tracks 2, 3 and 5 by Adam Lane (Sonic BlissMusic, BMI)
Recorded march 19th, 2007
Video capture, edition and Post-Production by SNEGAMI – Produção de Video e Cinema
DVD authoring by ASTERISCO IMAGENS – Design Gráfico
Audio recording, mixing and mastering by Luís Delgado
Produced by Trem Azul
Photos by Rodrigo Amado
© 2018 Ken Vandermark – musician & composer | Disclaimer