1. C by Julius Hemphill (Good Boye Music / ASCAP) – 6:42
2. The Hard Blues / Skin 1 by Julius Hemphill (Good Boye Music / ASCAP) – 13:58
3. 6C by Anthony Braxton (Synthesis Music Publishing / BMI) – 9:04
4. Keep Right on Playing Through the Mirror Over the Water by Henry Threadgill (Dubra / BMI) – 14:15
5. Theme De Yoyo (Art Ensemble of Chicago Publishing / ASCAP) – 10:39
Released by Audio One [view band]
All music composed as indicated, all arrangements by Ken Vandermark (Twenty First Mobile Music / ASCAP)
Recorded and mixed by Dave Zuchowski. Performed by Audio One at the Green Mill, Chicago, on January 31 and February 1, 2014.
Album design by Federico Peñalva, cover photograph by Ken Vandermark.
Thanks to the musicians; to Dave Zuchowski for work above and beyond, and Wendy V.; to Dave Jemilo, Chris Anderson, and the staff of the Green Mill; to Dave Rempis for helping to instigate the idea; to Steve Marquette for his ongoing assistance; to Kate Dumbleton for trying to help me find a way to continue; and to all the listeners.
Special thanks to Sheila Major for her belief in this project and her generous support.
Audio One is:
Jason Adasiewicz: Vibraphone
Jeb Bishop: Trombone
Josh Berman: Cornet
Tim Daisy: Drums
Nick Macri: Acoustic & electric bass
Nick Mazzarella: Alto saxophone
Jen Paulson: Viola
Dave Rempis: Saxophones
Ken Vandermark: Reeds
Mars Williams: Reeds
© 2021 Ken Vandermark – musician & composer | Disclaimer